These easy bake chocolate chip cookies are perfect for a mid-day pick me up, after school treat or a fuss free yet delicious dessert at the weekend. With a crisp outer layer, soft squidgy interior and little chocolate chips oozing out in the middle they are just delicious. Yum!
Makes 12 – 15
Here’s what you need
350g unsifted self-raising flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp salt
175g caster sugar
175g soft brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
350g of any type of chocolate, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5.
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients first – flour, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, cream the butter, sugar and vanilla extract. Beat in the eggs and gradually add the flour mixture. Now stir in the chocolate.
- On a clean surface, split the dough in half. Roll each piece into a sausage shape. Wrap in cling film, twist both ends and refrigerate until ready to use.
- To bake the cookies, simply cut the log into slices about 2cm thick, lay on a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Space evenly and bake for 9-11 minutes.
Then serve and enjoy!