Yet another bizarre trend that seems to be abuzz on social media is glitter tears. This trend basically creates an illusion that you have cried…and the look is created by applying some glitter under the eye. Instagram vloggers and makeup artistes across the globe are already uploading pictures and videos on how to get this look. The best part, though, is that this trend has no rules. You can keep it subtle or go overboard with glitter. Here’s how to get the look…
- Start by applying a foundation. Make sure you line your eyes using an eyeliner, since you will be highlighting the eyes.
- For the glitter effect, choose between actual glitters or shimmery eye shadow. Ideally, choose a colour closer to the outfit you are wearing.
- Start by applying eye shadow. You can either create a smoky effect or go with a subtle shadow effect. Then, use a colourful kajal or liner for your eye so that it creates a glamorous look.
- If you are going with a shimmery eye shadow, apply it below your eye. You can either use a colour that matches your eye shadow, or go with a contrasting glittery shade. Apply them in a way that they create an illusion of tears. The length of the glitter tears depends on how long you want it to be.
- If you are using actual glitters with jewel embellishments for your eye, you will need to mix the glitter with some eye serum. Then carefully take it on your finger and tap it under your eye. Ensure it doesn’t go inside your eye, especially if you are using jewelled embellishments.
- You can use glitter shadow on top and actual glitter under your eye.
- Lastly, apply mascara. This look is best worn for parties, especially theme parties and for concerts
Can You Rock This?